FINANCIAL Policy 2019
We understand insurance, billing and financial matters can be complex, which is why our practice team is here to help. We are committed to providing you with the information and resources needed to help understand your bill, how we work with your insurance and our financial policy. It is our goal to provide you with an optimal patient care experience and to make your visit as convenient and stress-free as possible.
Because insurance coverage varies, it is important that you understand your individual health plan coverage and what it covers, including deductibles, coinsurance and copays. We recommend you call the customer service number on the back of your insurance card, or contact your employer’s benefits department, to verify your coverage or address questions regarding your health insurance plan. Our team will work with your insurance company to confirm eligibility and coverage for services we provide.
If you have questions about your bill and what is covered by insurance, please contact us at: Latrobe office (724) 539-9736 or the Greensburg Office (724) 838-7500, Monday-Friday, 9:00am to 4:00pm. Our billing office can be reached at (412) 788-4995.
Please read the following financial policies and information carefully when scheduling your surgical procedures and office visits. Patients will need to satisfy the following conditions in order for us to schedule your surgical procedure, treatment or injection and office appointment. We accept cash, checks and credit cards (with an additional fee) as payment for care and services.
- Surgical procedures treatments and injections: Prior to scheduling any surgical procedure, treatment or injection, whether performed in our offices or at hospitals by our physicians, you are requested to make arrangements to pay all estimated out-of-pocket costs associated with your visit at time of service.
- Office Appointments: Prior to us scheduling your office appointment, you will need to make arrangements to pay any outstanding balances you may owe to us at that time.
- The amount you will be required to pay will be determined based upon your individual insurance plan. This will include any deductibles, co-payments and co-insurance which your insurance carrier indicates you will owe. In addition, you will be required to make arrangements to pay any other outstanding account balances.
Insured patients: For patients with health insurance coverage, G. U., Inc. will submit a claim on your behalf to insurance companies with which we are contracted (where we are considered a participating in network provider). Prior to your visit, we will also verify your member eligibility and cost share responsibility with your insurance company.
Self-Pay Patients: Patients who do not have insurance coverage or who desire services that are not covered by their insurance plan are considered self-pay. If you are self-pay, all payments must be made in full at the time of service unless other arrangements have been made with our patient accounting department. For Self-Pay patients a fee of $275.00 is required for the initial office evaluation (non-emergency).
Please contact us at: Latrobe office (724) 539-9736 or the Greensburg office (724) 838-7500 Monday – Friday, 9:00a.m. to 4:00p.m.
Referrals: Some insurance plans require you to have a referral from your primary care physician to see specialists such as an urologist. Patients are required to obtain referrals from the primary care physician office prior to scheduling an appointment with a G. U., Inc. provider. Please check with your individual health insurance plan to see if a referral is necessary.
Copayments, Coinsurance, Deductibles and Outstanding Balances:
- Copayments, or copays, are the fixed amount you pay for a healthcare service as determined by your individual health insurance plan.
- Coinsurance is your share of the cost of the service received as determined by your individual health insurance plan. You pay a stated percentage of medical expenses after the deductible amount, if any, is satisfied.
- A deductible is the amount you pay before the insurance company starts to make payments for your covered medical services. This amount is determined by your individual health insurance plan. Plans may have both individual and family deductibles.
- An outstanding balance on your account is the amount not covered by your insurance coverage and is your responsibility. This amount is determined by your individual health insurance plan.
Patient Refunds: If you have overpaid your estimated patient responsibility (co-pay, coinsurance or deductible), G. U., Inc. will process your refund and send you a check for a refund after the claim has been processed by your insurance company.
Major Insurance Plans Accepted by GU Inc. Please call to confirm your individual insurance plan.
- Medicare Traditional
- Security Blue Medicare, Freedom Blue
- UPMC Medicare (Some plans excluded)
- UPMC Health Plan (Some plans excluded)
- Blue Shield, PA, PPO Blue
- Aetna/Health America/Coventry
- United HealthCare
Some Insurances have specific networks or plan types that may require you to seek care within those restricted networks, which might exclude G. U., Inc. Please call the customer service number on the back of your insurance card for specifics.